Hippity hop, Easter’s on it’s way! And hopefully the Easter Bunny will bring some spring weather along with the chocolate and colored eggs.
But in the meantime, you can start planning Easter treats for the kids. If you’re entertaining this holiday, these little bunny pretzels are the perfect snack for kids and adults. There’s nothing better than the salty, crunchy, sweet combo of pretzels and chocolate, and they are super cute to boot.
Here’s how you make them:
• 1 bag twist pretzels
• White chocolate chips or white chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
• Non-stick cooking spray
• Food writing pens (you can buy them here)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and lay pretzels on sheet. They can be touching, but not overlapping.
- Place 10-12 chocolate chips in each pretzel (I haven’t tried it with Hershey’s Kisses, but imagine two would do the trick).
4. Place in oven for approximately five minutes, or until chocolate has softened, but not melted.
5. Remove from oven and spread chocolate with a butter knife or your finger so the pretzel is filled. NOTE: As you can see in the photo below, mine are a bit lumpy. I think the chocolate would spread better with two Hershey’s Kisses.
6. Put tray in refrigerator for half hour or until chocolate is completely hardened.
7. Draw bunny ears and face on white chocolate. If chocolate starts to get warm, put them back in the fridge or freezer for a bit. The pens work better on a hard surface.
8. Use a metal spatula to remove pretzels from tray. Serve immediately or store them in the freezer in a Ziploc bag until ready to use.