Before you pack your bags download a Chicago City Map to help you enjoy your stay in the city.
Depending on what you’re looking for a Chicago City Map can be very helpful. If you are like I am when I travel whether for vacation or business, I like to know what kind of resources I have.
I also like to know where I’m going. Plus a little organization doesn’t hurt anyone. Why waste any time getting lost… A Chicago Map can help you access through the city easier & in no time!
Chicago is a city that has high traffic areas at certain times of the day. So knowing the places or roadways to avoid at certain times of the day is very helpful. Because you shouldn’t waste any time on your precious vacation getting lost or scrambling to find your way around.
Chicago City & Neighborhood Maps
Here’s a variety of Chicago city maps, and other resources to follow. These maps range from airport maps, and seating information, to different roadway, and highway maps.
- Basic Chicago Map
- Loop Map
- Northside Map
- Soutside Map
- Wicker Park & Bucktown
- Pilsen and Little Village
- Lakeview and Lincoln Park
- Hyde Park and Bronzeville
- Bridgeport and Chinatown
Transit and Airport Terminal Maps
Print them out, and carry them with you. You will find yourself navigating through Chicago, and any of the outlying areas in no time! A navigation system is a plus if you have one, but don’t worry these maps are very helpful by themselves.
Street, Highway, Roadway, Gas & Zip Code Maps
It’s always good to get acquainted with a place and basically know how the roadways run before you arrive. So spend a little time researching where you are going to your spend time, and know how to find your way around town. I hope these maps create a greater convenience for you.
Chicago Street Map
A Chicago Street Map can help you navigate through Chicago especially with the very long streets that go north and south, or east and west. You can use this street map as navigation points on how to get back to certain places in the city if you want to venture around Chicago.
Chicago is a city that has very well organized streets that have a grid pattern. The streets go North, South, East and West through big city blocks. Some of the streets run diagonally also. But the majority of the streets run vertical or horizontal.
Here are some quick tips to using street routes:
- You will discover you can find yourself anywhere in Chicago, and be able to find your way back to where you need to go by just understanding how our streets run.
- For instance most of the streets are straight shots going north and south, or east and west.
- So a practical tip if you get a little lost it that you can always find a main street that runs through the city, and follow that street back to the side of Chicago you are looking for. Then you can navigate your way from there!
- Chicago streets pass through big city blocks, so most of Chicago’s streets are easy to follow, and the majority of them are not winding streets.
- Some of the streets are very long and will run through the entire city. They can take you into outlying city’s that surround Chicago also.
- The perk to using inner streets is that you can avoid getting on the highway, and see what the city neighborhoods look like! You can also see all the hidden treasures, shops and restaurants.
- For instance streets such as Halsted, Kedzie, Ciceroe, Harlem Ave., and Western Ave. are some examples of city streets that run north and south that can clearly take you through and out of the city into the suburbs.
- Some examples of streets that can take you through and into Chicago and runs east and west Chicago are Roosevelt Road, Belmont Avenue, Fullerton Ave, Touhy Avenue, and Cermak road.
Of course this list is just a portion of the extensive list of streets in Chicago. But, it’s good to know that you have plenty of traveling options in the city!
So if you’re not a highway driver but still want to come to Chicago and see all the goodies of the city, then you can use a street map, and still navigate in, through, or out of the city with no problem.
Chicago Attractions Map
To find your way anywhere in Chicago you can also use Google maps.
Remember every little savings of your time, and finances can help you have a better, and more convenient vacation in the city. Be prepared to enjoy the city, and bask in the scenery, sightseeing, culture, and ambiance of Chicago. Don’t forget your City Map, and Enjoy your stay in Chicago!.